[ncl-talk] plot masked vectors

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Wed May 30 16:48:31 MDT 2018

Hi Michele,
Yes there is. Try setting vcMinMagnitudeF:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/vc.shtml#vcMinMagnitudeF

Three examples use this resource:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/res_list.shtml#vcMinMagnitudeF

Hope that helps!
Adam

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 4:38 PM, Michele Petrini - CITG <
M.Petrini at tudelft.nl> wrote:

> Dear helpdesk,
>
> I am trying to plot velocity vectors over a contour (+other stuff, see
> attached pdf).
>
> I have a question, is there a way to mask out the small vectors and leave
> only velocity vectors exceeding some threshold (let’s say 100 m/yr)?
>
> If I try to mask the u/v variables, I get an error.
>
> Looking on the internet, I see that there is someone suggesting to overlay
> two vector contours, but the procedure seems to be a little bit
> complicated, and I wonder if there exists a simpler way,..
>
> thanks!
> Michele

> Michele Petrini, PhD
>
> Department of Geoscience and Remote Sensing, TUDelft
> Delft, The Netherlands
>
> M.Petrini at tudelft.nl
> +39 3398367372
> michele.petrins (Skype alias)