[ncl-talk] plot masked vectors

Michele Petrini - CITG M.Petrini at tudelft.nl
Wed May 30 16:38:37 MDT 2018

Dear helpdesk,

I am trying to plot velocity vectors over a contour (+other stuff, see attached pdf).

I have a question, is there a way to mask out the small vectors and leave only velocity vectors exceeding some threshold (let’s say 100 m/yr)?

If I try to mask the u/v variables, I get an error.

Looking on the internet, I see that there is someone suggesting to overlay two vector contours, but the procedure seems to be a little bit complicated, and I wonder if there exists a simpler way,..

thanks!
Michele

Michele Petrini, PhD

Department of Geoscience and Remote Sensing, TUDelft
Delft, The Netherlands

M.Petrini at tudelft.nl<mailto:M.Petrini at tudelft.nl>
+39 3398367372
michele.petrins (Skype alias)