[ncl-talk] save 1 file per day-time

Rashed Mahmood rashidcomsis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 29 08:50:28 MST 2020

Hi Vanucia
Please include ncltalk in subsequent messages. Your script had various
issues:

1. Your first if statement "if (y .eq. 2018 .and. m .eq. 12 .and. d .eq.
30)  then" was inside the loop and you were trying to close it outside the
loop, which would not work..

2.  this "do j=1, nrows-1" should have been  "do j=1, nrows-2" because your
nrows includes a count from header line.

3. when you do:
        ii   := ind(lat.ge.latS .and. lat.le.latN .and. \
                    lon.ge.lonW .and. lon.le.lonE )
There is a possibility that ii may be missing at some iterations so the
statements based on this should consider this possibility.

4.    fout = "rc_2018_12_30.nc" , This would overwrite the files you
create, so this should be set according to y, m and d.

Please see the attached script that would create all the files. But I am
not sure what exactly you are trying accomplish here, so make sure that
this what you want. It's up to you!

Cheers,
Rashed