[ncl-talk] climo_3.ncl + loop + conventional subscripts

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 28 17:39:11 MST 2020

Here is the simplest possible Netcdf file writer in NCL.  Put this after
the line that computes prcClim:

    f = addfile ("climo.nc", "c")
    f->prcClim = prcClim

This is the essence of Method 1 on the documentation page for writing
Netcdf:

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/write_netcdf.shtml

Please study that page and its several examples for more details.  You may
want to add things to make or copy dimension names, coordinates, and
attributes.  It is often convenient to copy coordinates from the input
variable to the new output variable.

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 2:39 PM zoe jacobs via ncl-talk <ncl-talk at ucar.edu>
wrote:

> Dear all,
> considering the past conversation, I need to convert monthly climatology (prcClm
>   = clmMonTLL(prcMonth) ) to a nc file ( instead of plotting ). How can I
> do this, please?
> KInd regards,
>
> On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 6:28 PM Dennis Shea <shea at ucar.edu> wrote:

<snip>