[ncl-talk] Problem with regridding BNU-ESM (curvilinear) to rectilinear

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Sat Feb 15 11:14:37 MST 2020

As noted by Rick, there is not enough information.
Please include the information that was suggested.
Also you could include the output from:

%> ncdump -h BNU_ESM.source_file.nc > out.BNU_ESM.txt
or
%> ncl_filedump BNU_ESM.source_file.nc > out.BNU_ESM.txt

Then attach the output when posting/responding.

===
There is an ORCA tri-polar grid example at:
*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/ESMF.shtml>
ESMF_regrid_7
===
Could you please make the file available?  Dropbox or use ftp:

ftp ftp.cgd.ucar.edu
anonymous
your_email
cd incoming
put .... BNU_ESM.source ...
quit

After successful completion, please send the name of the file.

If the source file is large and has multiple time steps, you can reduce the
file size via:

*%>* ncks -d time,0  BNU_ESM.source_file.nc   BNU_ESM.one_time_step_file.nc

Then send the BNU_ESM.one_time_step_file.nc file.