[ncl-talk] Did not plot EOF1 & EOF2

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Sun Feb 9 08:35:33 MST 2020

Thank you for providing your dataset. When I run the script, it does not
run to completion, but rather issues this error message:

    (0)     contributed.ncl: month_to_season: dimension must be a multiple
of 12

Indeed, the docs for month_to_season state the multiple of 12 requirement.
If I simply truncate the input data to the nearest year:

    OLR_ANOM    = month_to_season (OLR_anom(0:1451,:,:), season)
rather than
    OLR_ANOM    = month_to_season (OLR_anom, season)

Then I get the attached plot.

However, for the second panel plot, which looks like it should be a bar
chart, I get these errors:

(0)     get_bar_arrays: Fatal: The array is not monotonically increasing.
(0)     Cannot draw a bar chart.
fatal:Illegal right-hand side type for assignment
fatal:["Execute.c":8637]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 503 in
file /home/brownrigg/NCL/nclbuild/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8637]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 6059 in
file /home/brownrigg/NCL/nclbuild/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8637]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 208 in
file eof spatial

I looked at the internal get_bar_arrays() function and could not figure out
the intent/requirements and why the error arises. I don't know what to
suggest there...I wish I had a better answer.

Rick