[ncl-talk] Fwd: error with gsnYRefLine

Jayant jayantkp2979 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 11:37:09 MST 2020

Dear,
I am interested in plotting a bar chart for the anomaly data (attached). I
followed the example in  example:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/bar_4.ncl
But I am getting the following error on including the gsnYRefLine:
fatal:conform_dims: The array to be conformed must have the same number of
dimensions as indicated by the length of the last argument.
I am unable to understand the error which indicates the plot command. If I
comment the gsnYRefLine, it works and gives a simple barchart but it does
not have +ve and -ve separation.
Please advise.

     inp = asciiread("./inp_anom.txt",(/66,2/),"float")
   ycolc0 = inp(:,0)
   test_anom = inp(:,1)
   ;
   fwks   = gsn_open_wks ("png","panom_bar")
   res                   = True
   res at gsnYRefLine           = 0.0
   res at gsnXYBarChart         = True
   res at gsnAboveYRefLineColor = "blue"
   res at gsnBelowYRefLineColor = "red"
   plot  = gsn_csm_xy(fwks,ycol0c,test_anom,res) ; create plot