[ncl-talk] How to change the tick marks range of Y axis when using "gsn_histogram"?

Barry Lynn barry.h.lynn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 07:05:14 MST 2020

Hi:

Have you tried using gsn_csm_xy?

  res at gsnDraw               = False

   res at gsnFrame              = False

  res at gsnMaximize           = True   ; Maximize size of each plot

  res at gsnXYBarChart         = True    ; Draw bars instead of curves

  res at gsnXYBarChartBarWidth = 0.30     ; Half the width

*  res at trXMinF               = 0               ; Add a margin so bars are
not up against*

*  res at trXMaxF               = nbins+1         ; the right or left Y axis*

*  res at trYMinF = 0*

*  res at trYMaxF = 1000*

;---First plot, solid bars

; res at gsnXYBarChartColors   = "black" + ispan(1,10,1)    ; Use grey fill
for solid bars

  solid_bars = gsn_csm_xy(wks,x-0.27,obs_bin,res)

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 3:51 PM 宣守丽 via ncl-talk <ncl-talk at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Dear NCL experts,
>
> When I use "gsn_histogram" to produce figures, I found I can't change the
> range of the tick marks of Y axis by using "tmYLMode" and "tmYLValues"
> etc., could anyone tell me how to control the tick marks in this situation?
>
> Thanks very much!
> Best Wishes,
> Shouli Xuan

Barry H. Lynn, Ph.D