[ncl-talk] dim_spei_n documentation (standardized precipitation evapo-transporation index)

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 11 12:16:06 MDT 2019

[1] There has never been a  *dim_spei_n*  function. Only  *dim_spi_n*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/dim_spi_n.shtml>
Please read the documentation examples. More *SPI *examples are *here*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/spi.shtml>

[2] The *NCL Applications* <http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/> page has
an entire category for evapotranspiration:

*Crop: Evapotranspiration; Penman-Monteith (FAO-56); Thornthwaite
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/crop.shtml>*

[3] From the NCL home page, click *Functions*; click *Category*; Click
*Crop.*
There is a suite of functions that have a  *refevt_ *preface. This suite
includes: *refevt_hargreaves_fao56*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Crop/refevt_hargreaves_fao56.shtml>

[4] I strongly suggest that you read *FAO-56*
<http://www.fao.org/3/x0490e/x0490e07.htm>

*===*
Please see: the *NCL_User_Guide *
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/NCL_User_Guide/>to learn NCL