[ncl-talk] Need verification on NCL scripts for temperature anomalies and extraction at grid points

Kunal Dayal kday202 at aucklanduni.ac.nz
Mon Dec 2 19:20:35 MST 2019

Hi,

I have written a script for plotting the monthly averaged diurnal 2 m
temperature anomalies and the 2 m temperature extraction script at a
specific location. I am using the scripts to plot and extract data from WRF
files.

The code is working for both scripts but the monthly averaged diurnal 2 m
temperature anomalies do not reflect the same behavior when compared with
the data extracted at grid points (latitude and longitude) of station
locations that are located especially on the leeward side of a tropical
island.

I would really appreciate it if you can advise whether my temperature
anomalies script and temperature extraction script using NCL are correct.
See attached the scripts.

I have also checked the locations of the stations on the leeward side and
they are located on land.

I would really appreciate your assistance and advice.

Regards
Kunal Kushal Dayal

PhD Researcher - Wind Energy
Department of Mechanical Engineering