[ncl-talk] Need verification on NCL scripts for temperature anomalies and extraction at grid points

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Sun Dec 8 10:17:45 MST 2019

I am not sure about the following:
---
; computing the composite diurnal cycle of anomalies
T2mean=dim_avg_n_Wrap(T2_dc,0)    ; (nlat,nlon)
T2_dc_anom=T2_dc
T2_dc_anom=(/ T2_dc-conform(T2_dc,T2mean,(/1,2/)) /)
---
T2mean is the overall temporal mean at each grid point.
ie: a constant at each grid point

Subtracting this just shifts hourly values down.
----
Attached is a 'guess' at what the code should look like.

Cheers