[ncl-talk] fatal: Attribute assignment type mismatch

Anne anne.seidenglanz at unive.it
Wed May 2 06:24:00 MDT 2018

Hello everybody,

I am trying to plot and compare pressure-latitude plots of zonal wind of a
control run vs. a sensitivity run (the control was created from someone
else). There seems to be a problem with one of the files because of the
error message 'fatal: Attribute assignment type mismatch' without any other
comments.

For the control zonal field, I created a new variable that would add level
as a new dimension (see attached script), so as to end up with time x lev x
lat x lon. The sensitivity zonal wind file already has the level dimension,
so has time x lev x lat x lon as well.

Is the assignment type mismatch because the dimensions are not exactly
called in the same way between control and sensitivity (i.e. 'lev' and
'levs'), or is it related to the 'Copy_VarMeta' function?

I know this error message has already been discussed here, but I do not
seem to find a solution to this problem.

Thanks for any help..
Anne

--
Nota automatica aggiunta dal sistema di posta.