[ncl-talk] Problem with labelbar on maximized single plot

Roberto Granda Maestre rgm2396 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 12:04:47 MDT 2020

Hi everyone. I've been recently updating my old and quite simple ncl codes
for plotting WRF data.

I've deprecated wrf_xxx functions in favor of gsn_csm_xxx functions, so
that I can tweak plot more and I can, specially, maximize the output.

The problem is quite simple, but frustrating. I have the script arranged in
a mode that I first do all variable "plotting" and then i set all the map
resources, and afterwards, overlay variables plots over the map (contours,
vectors, streamlines...).

I thought I had the script perfectly operative, since yesterday's plots
show labelbar, titles and everything in position.

The problem has arisen today, when I've run a simulation with a bigger
domain (3km, around 1/2 of Iberian Peninsula). When I tried to plot the
maps, the labelbar appeared cut at the bottom of the png.

It's strange, as with larger domains (15km for part of Western Europe) the
labelbar appears perfectly.

I attach one of the scripts. It should be fairly straightaway to use
changing directories, archive name and colormaps in use (sorry for
annotations in spanish, it's my mother tongue and I'm doing scripts
thinking in my most close community).

Thanks for the help,
Roberto