[ncl-talk] PLOTTING 95% STATISTICAL SIGNIFICANT WIND VECTORS

dickson mbigi dickson.mbigi at gmail.com
Fri May 22 11:36:25 MDT 2020

Kindly hep/guidance,
I did composite analysis of wind data and I need to plot only significant
wind vectors. So far, I went through a related thread "
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Support/talk_archives/2010/1031.html" but I
couldnt figure out how to make it because it was not clear in this regard
especially in carrying out t-test and subsequent plotting.

Attached is my script which actual contain the whole  idea from the
mentioned thread on performing t-test (refer line 127-149). Actually, the
script plots zonal wind anomalies and overlaid wind vectors (attached
picture).

NB: Wind data is from NCEP-NCAR Reanalysis 1

I would highly appreciate for any help.

*Kindest regards,*
*Dickson Mbigi,*
*Institute of Atmospheric Physics,*