[ncl-talk] [ncl-install] error while loading shared libraries: libgomp.so.1

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Wed May 13 13:50:39 MDT 2020

This is a typical library version problem.  Usually NCL/ncarg is installed
on supercomputers by your local IT staff.  In this case, you should contact
your local help desk for install questions like this, before asking NCL
support for help.  Your help desk is the local expert on installing
libraries and maintaining working applications like NCL/ncarg.

If you installed NCL/ncarg manually, then please provide more details about
your install procedure.  Are you using one of the install procedures from
the NCL install guide?  Are you building from source or downloading a
pre-built binary?  Are you using a package manager?

Please reply back here if your local help desk can not solve the problem.