[ncl-talk] wrf_user_getvar - select time period

Dong 896560472 at qq.com
Mon Mar 16 21:47:35 MDT 2020

Hi,
I'm using NCL 6.5 in Ununtu and have a question.

I found that  "wrf_user_getvar"  only can get a specific time or all times but I want to retrieve a subset of times.

Fortunately ,I find a solution in your website
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Support/talk_archives/2009/2720.html

The website said there are two ways I can do this. My data is so big that I can't retrieve all times (the .ncl script will be killed without any error message )and I want to use the second way :

load "./wrfslp.ncl"

and then call with:

times = ispan(0,10,1)

slp = wrf_user_get_slp(z,times)