[ncl-talk] Segmentation fault 11 on MacOSX Catalina when running NCL

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 16 12:54:33 MDT 2020

Hi Imoleayo,

The plot runs just fine for me on my Mac. The fact that it's failing on
your Mac but runs on Cheyenne, and the fact that the workstation type is
X11, makes me think that perhaps you don't have XQuartz (the Mac X11
environment) installed on your Mac?  Perhaps try changing the workstation
type to "png" and see if you get plots on disk. (aside - I don't recall a
SEGV being a failure-mode for this situation, but...?)

XQuartz, if you decide you want/need it, can be obtained here:

     https://www.xquartz.org/

Hope that helps...
Rick