[ncl-talk] fitting data - second order autoregressive (AR2) model

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Jan 31 14:13:44 MST 2020

I am not aware of any NCL based software that computes ARIMA parameters.
That would require a suite of 'advanced' statistical modules. That is not
what NCL is designed to do.

If you can find a fortran or C code that computes the needed parameters,
you could call that from NCL.
See: *https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Tools/WRAPIT.shtml*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Tools/WRAPIT.shtml>
---
For sure, R [likely: Matlab/Python/Excel] would have a simple interface to
calculate the desired ARIMA parameters.
---
Sorry
Good Luck