[ncl-talk] Problem using gsn_add_polyline twice

Anne anne.seidenglanz at unive.it
Thu Jan 30 06:14:21 MST 2020

Hi NCL users,

I have a xy-plot consisting of 2 y-axes, and I am using gsn_csm_xy2 for
this purpose, each axis having a set of lines. For both sets of y lines, I
want to overlay the mean of those lines by using gsn_add_polyline. This
works fine for the one set of lines, but the mean for the 2nd data set is
false because it is oriented on the left axis instead of the right axis as
it should be (see plots attached). How can I overcome this issue?
I have attached the script and the pots.
When I plot only 1 set of lines, so using 1 y-axis, then the overlying
works fine.
My guess is that NCL gets confused using gsn_add_polyline twice, and it
aligns both additional lines at the left axis.

Anyone has any experience with this?

Thank you
Anne