[ncl-talk] NCL in Cygwin

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 28 19:36:58 MST 2020

Hi,

Gomp is the gcc OpenMP library. The trouble shooting notes on the NCL web
site (https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml) suggest this:

Troubleshooting problems If you are having problems running the test in the
above section, then here are some troubleshooting tips:

   - If you get an error about "ncl" not being able to find a missing "lib
   *xxxx*.so" library, then rerun the Cygwin "setup-x86.exe" program and
   search for *xxxx*. Make sure this package will get installed and finish
   running the "setup-x86.exe" program. You will probably need to logout and
   possibly even reboot for the change to work properly.

Rick