[ncl-talk] limit map region for Lambert Conformal projection

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 27 16:05:59 MST 2020

NARR are Lambert Conformat:

*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/narr.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/narr.shtml>
ncl_3.ncl

See plot section
===
WRF projection information  is contained within the file attributes

   fwrf = addfile("wrf...nc","r")
Something like:

res at mpLambertParallel1F   = fwrf->Latin1
res at mpLambertParallel2F   = fwrf->Latin2
res at mpLambertMeridianF    = fwrf->LoV

  res at gsnAddCyclic           = False              ; regional data

  res at mpLimitMode            = "Corners"          ; choose range of map
  res at mpLeftCornerLatF       = lat2d(0,0)
  res at mpLeftCornerLonF       = lon2d(0,0)
  res at mpRightCornerLatF      = lat2d(nlat-1,mlon-1)
  res at mpRightCornerLonF      = lon2d(nlat-1,mlon-1)
  res at tfDoNDCOverlay         = True
  res at mpProjection           = "LambertConformal"
  res at mpLambertParallel1F    = lat2d at mpLambertParallel1F
  res at mpLambertParallel2F    = lat2d at mpLambertParallel2F
  res at mpLambertMeridianF     = lat2d at mpLambertMeridianF