[ncl-talk] Disappearing Dots (Revisited)

Rashed Mahmood rashidcomsis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 12:02:28 MST 2020

Hi Barry,
There is no BIG mystery in it after all!!

The function was probably not designed to be used inside a loop, I have
changed in the attached test_arrow.ncl file. A dummy test is also attached:
There were three problematic lines( which would work outside the loop) but
not inside:
plt at arr = gsn_add_polyline(wks,plt,xpts,ypts,res)
plt at arr1 = gsn_add_polyline(wks,plt,xpts1,ypts1,resp)
plt at arr2 = gsn_add_polyline(wks,plt,xpts2,ypts2,resp)

Note that the syntax "plt at arr"  would be fine for plotting individual plots
separately however when used in loop this would need to be something
different, below is what I changed in the attached test_arrow.ncl:

plt@$unique_string("tmp")$ = gsn_add_polyline(wks,plt,xpts,ypts,res)
plt@$unique_string("arr1")$ = gsn_add_polyline(wks,plt,xpts1,ypts1,resp)
plt@$unique_string("abc")$ = gsn_add_polyline(wks,plt,xpts2,ypts2,resp)

Hope that helps.