[ncl-talk] Guidance on extracting lat/lon and altitude values associated with pixels of interest

Srishti Dasarathy srdasara at ucsd.edu
Fri Mar 22 13:13:05 MDT 2019

Dear NCL talk,

Hope this email finds you all well.

I need some assistance in printing the latitude/longitude and altitude values of certain pixels of interest in my hdf files. More specifically, I am trying to extract lat/lon and altitude values that are associated with an aerosol subtype, which is being identified through the dim_gbits function.

This dim_gbits function is on Line 197 of my code, and Lines 216 to 251 are my attempt to extract the pixels of interest.

Would you have any tips on how to extract and print these values? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Srishti