[ncl-talk] wind barbs in southern hemisphere

Zilore Mumba zmumba at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 13:36:51 MDT 2019

Rick,Thank you very much. That command has no effect. The ncl command I am
using is: vector = wrf_vector(a,wks,u_plane,v_plane,opts). I have tried the
plotting commands used in barb_1.ncl
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/barb_1.ncl> and barb_2.ncl
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/barb_1.ncl>, both give
errors. This is because the way these two extract the u- and v-wind
components differs from the function I use.
I think the plotting funcion could be at the heart of my problem. I will
see how I can modify my script to use the barb_1.ncl plotting function.

Thank you very much for your time, and for the hint.