[ncl-talk] Any non global function calculation for stream function?

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Sat Jul 27 11:32:54 MDT 2019

NCL does *not *have a function that computes stream function on a limited
area [regional] grid.
The calculation of stream function and velocity potential with a regional
domain is non-trivial.
==============
This question has been asked several times in the past.  For example:
*https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Support/talk_archives/all/1413.html*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Support/talk_archives/all/1413.html>

Perhaps, the code [?fortran?] used in the following could be found:

*Computation of the Streamfunction and Velocity Potential for Limited and
Irregular Domains* <https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/full/10.1175/MWR3249.1>
Monthly Weather Review 134(11):3384-3394 · November 2006

Miscellaneous: non-NCL

*http://pordlabs.ucsd.edu/matlab/stream.htm*
<http://pordlabs.ucsd.edu/matlab/stream.htm>

*Good Luck*