[ncl-talk] Wind composites (tropical cyclone)

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Feb 26 09:43:42 MST 2019

Hi Thomas,

The question is not clear to me.

I assume all the data are from the same grid. If your center point is at
indices: (jlat,ilon) and the grid is (say)
jStrt  = jlat-JLAT
jLast = jlat+JLAT
iStrt =
iLast =

    JY  = 2*JLAT_1
    IX  = 2*ILON+1
    grid = new ((/JY,IX/),"float",-999.0)
    grid = 0.0

    do ng=0,ngrid-1
         jStrt =
         jLast =
         iStrt =
         iLast
         grid =  grid + data(jStrt:jLast,iStrt:iLast)
     end do

     grid = grid / ngrid