[ncl-talk] Follow up on "color of labels for legend" + simple legend

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 13 10:47:11 MST 2019

Hi Adam et al:

Thanks for the reply you sent me yesterday. Unofrtunately, I could not make
your suggestion to work. I did look at simple_legend since I am
particularly interested in the resources below. The lgLabels,
lgLabelFontHeights, and lgLabelColors are exactly the resources I would
like to use.

I am not understanding why they are not documented in ncl and not available
when I try to use them in my script. Are those resources only available
with we use simple_legend then. I am confused.

textres = True
textres at lgLabels = (/"CCSM4
Control","b.e11.B1850C5CN.f09_g16.005","Ensemble Member #15"/) ;
labels (req)
textres at lgLabelFontHeights = (/0.015,0.018,0.025/)
      ; label font heights
textres at lgLabelColors = (/"green","black","orange"/)
     ; label font colors
textres at lgLabelOpacity = (/0.8,0.5,1.0/)
      ; 0->1, label opacities

Thanks,
Laura

--
Laura D. Fowler

Mesoscale and Microscale Meteorology Division (MMM)
P.O. Box 3000, Boulder CO 80307-3000

e-mail: laura at ucar.edu
phone: 303-497-1628