[ncl-talk] Regridded variable coordinate problem

Mauro Morichetti s1073755 at pm.univpm.it
Fri Feb 8 10:30:17 MST 2019

Hi all,

I would like use the function “rgrid2rcm_Wrap” to regrid a monthly NCAR/NCEP reanalysis temperature in a WRF grid.

The problem I have this error:

(0) check_for_y_lat_coord: Warning: Data either does not contain
(0) a valid latitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all.
(0) A valid latitude coordinate array should have a 'units'
(0) attribute equal to one of the following values:
(0)     'degrees_north' 'degrees-north' 'degree_north' 'degrees north' 'degrees_N' 'Degrees_north' 'degree_N' 'degreeN' 'degreesN' 'deg north'
(0) check_for_lon_coord: Warning: Data either does not contain
(0) a valid longitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all.
(0) A valid longitude coordinate array should have a 'units'
(0) attribute equal to one of the following values:
(0)     'degrees_east' 'degrees-east' 'degree_east' 'degrees east' 'degrees_E' 'Degrees_east' 'degree_E' 'degreeE' 'degreesE' 'deg east'
warning:ContourPlotInitialize: no valid values in scalar field; ContourPlot not possible:[errno=1101]

I know it is an error referred to the coordinates units, but I can not solve, because I think it is a coordinate problem (I mean the coordinates are not well declared).

This is the variable to plot:

Variable: nc_regrid
Type: float
Total Size: 6774768 bytes
            1693692 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes: [Time | 12] x [south_north | 329] x [west_east | 429]
Coordinates:
            Time: [1902192..1910208]
Number Of Attributes: 25
  long_name : WRFChem
  FieldType : 104
  MemoryOrder : XY
  description : TEMP at 2 M
  units : [degC]
  stagger :
  coordinates : XLONG XLAT XTIME
  Time :   0
  NCL_tag : calculate_monthly_values: arith=avg
  _FillValue : 9.96921e+36
  time : 1902192
  precision : 2
  least_significant_digit : 1
  GRIB_id : 11
  GRIB_name : TMP
  var_desc : Air temperature
  dataset : NCEP Reanalysis Daily Averages
  level_desc : 2 m
  statistic : Mean
  parent_stat : Individual Obs
  valid_range : ( 150, 400 )
  actual_range : ( 177.35, 317.15 )
  lonFlip : longitude coordinate variable has been reordered via lonFlip
  missing_value : -9.96921e+36
  ncl : rgrid2rcm used for interpolation

and attached the script.

Could someone help me thanks

Regards,

---------

Eng. Mauro Morichetti
Department of Industrial Engineering and Mathematical Science
Marche Polytechnic University, Ancona, Italy
m.morichetti at pm.univpm.it<mailto:m.morichetti at pm.univpm.it>