[ncl-talk] GFS interpolation (vertical and horizontal)

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 13 15:28:54 MST 2019

Hi Ehsan,
Yes, pin and pout should both either be decreasing or increasing. I see in
your script that pin (lv0_GFS) is increasing and pout (Po) is decreasing.
Alter one so both are behaving similarly, and hopefully that fixes your
issues.
Adam

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 10:34 AM Ehsan Taghizadeh via ncl-talk <
ncl-talk at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> Thank you for your guidance.
> I tried to do that (reorder, linint2_points_Wrap,int2p_n_Wrap), however it
> seems the result is not good at all. Relative humidity, wind speed and wind
> direction have written the same values. Temperature is not correct, I think.
> May I ask does in int2p_n_Wrap(pin,xin,pout,linlog,pdim), "pin" and "pout"
> must both increasing or decreasing, or pin could be increasing and pout
> could be decreasing?
> I've attached the script (intepgfs.ncl), input station locations
> (apist.dat) and the output (Interpolated.csv). I also put gfs.tar file in
> the ftp, inclulding two input gfs data files.
> I'll be thankful if anyone could help me?
>
> Sincerely
> Ehsan
>
> On Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 09:13:15 PM GMT+3:30, Dennis Shea <
> shea at ucar.edu> wrote:
>

> ncl-talk does not want to see a script "with many problems."
> We do not have the time to sort/debug multiple issues.
> ---
> GFS are ordered N->S
> [1] reorder S->N via NCL syntax:   x(:,:,::-1,:)
> [2] Use *linint2_points_Wrap*
> <http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/linint2_points_Wrap.shtml>
> to interpolate to desired locations
> [3] Use *int2p_n_Wrap*
> <http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/int2p_n_Wrap.shtml>
> to interpolate to desired level(s)
>

> On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 4:42 AM Ehsan Taghizadeh via ncl-talk <
> ncl-talk at ucar.edu> wrote:
>
> Dears,
> I hope you're doing great.
> May I ask if anybody has a script to interpolate GFS (0.5 deg) on the
> desired station points and also the desired vertical level? I mean (both
> horizontal and vertical interpolation).
> Should I attach my script, however it faces many problems?
> I'll be thankful for any help.
>
> Sincerely
> Ehsan

Adam Phillips