[ncl-talk] Problem adding shapefile

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 5 15:06:40 MST 2019

Hi,

A couple of things:

i) where did you get your copy of NCL?  Shapefile support is optional,
although it is enabled in all binaries built by the NCL team.

ii) shape*file* is un unfortunate misnomer -- its really a collection of
3-6 files that work in tandem. Minimally for NCL, the xxxx.shp, xxxx.shx,
anbd xxxx.dbf files must be present in the same directory

iii) if you can send your shapefiles to me (you can directly email me),
I'll take a look

Rick