[ncl-talk] Division by 0, Can't continue

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Thu Dec 5 03:21:02 MST 2019

Hi Atul,

do you want to calculate the avg and the stddev on the longitude
coordinate? The functions dim_avg and dim_stddev do the calculations on
the right- most dimension. If you want to do it on the time dimension
then you should use dim_avg_n and dim_stddev_n functions.

To prevent division by 0 you can use the where function. Searching the
internet will give you some ncl-talk answers to this issue.

-Karin