[ncl-talk] gsn_csm_contour_map plot

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 2 09:29:43 MST 2019

By default, NCL uses a proprietary [fast] method for this type of graphic
rendering. Obviously, it was not great for this graphic.

It is best to use (say) *obj_anl_ic *and then use a USA shapefile to
eliminate 'noises' outside the  USA. See:

*http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml>
shapefiles_25 and shapefiles_26.

The raster style was used to illustrate the underlying grid onto which the
randomly spaced data were interpolated.
You can comment tor delet he RasterFil resource.

Good luck