[ncl-talk] questions on handling the GrADS FILES

WUJIE 393069045 at qq.com
Mon May 21 08:22:39 MDT 2018

Hi all,Not sure whether the question is suitable here. I follow https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/grads.shtml to process JRA55  data using CDO "cdo -f nc import_binary fcst_phyland125.monthly.ctl OUT.nc" to transfer the GrADS to ncfile.

I use the monthly data with the CTL file downloaded in the JRA55 website, but got error below which makes me struggled this whole day;

----
cdo import_binary (Abort): I/O error reading record=1 of timestep=1!

-----

Can anyone who has experience in processing GrADS data with the CDO or, if possible a NCL script to transfer those GrADS to netcdf files?

I attached one data file and CTL file here to search help.

Thanks

Jie