[ncl-talk] Vorticity Advection with NCL

Lara Quitián Hernández laraquitianhernandez at gmail.com
Mon May 21 03:45:54 MDT 2018

Good morning,

Thank you so much. Unfortunately, I have some doubts.

1.- I have read the information for Example 37 but I do not understand the
need of computing the divergence ("uv2dv_cfd"). I just need my variables on
a Gaussian, regular o fixed grid in order to apply the *advect_variable*
function
2.- I need to convert my curvilinear WRF grid to a Gaussian, regular o
fixed grid. However, in both Examples (29a and 37) a regrid from a WRF grid
to a rectilinear grid is carried out. Are those grids (Gaussian, regular o
fixed grid) also rectilinear grids?
3.-Do I need to regrid back to the WRF curvilinear grid as it is done in
both examples?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Lara