[ncl-talk] Custom panel plot

James Russell jorussel at ncsu.edu
Fri May 18 06:21:43 MDT 2018

Hi,

This page has examples that should help you:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml

Examples 15-18 on that page provide some information on how to deal with
multiple color bars in the same panel plot.

If you are trying to plot multiple different images I expect you’ll still
run into problems. gsn_panel is difficult to use with multiple different
images since it expects that all images are the size and shape of the first
image. This leads to overlapping images or images falling off the edge
etc.. Rather than using gsn_panel I suggest using the viewport resources to
resize each plot Individual plot to fit together. Example 20 in the above
link has an example of that style of coding to make a panel plot.

Hopefully that helps,
James

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 6:19 AM Appo derbetini <appopson4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I want to draw a 6x4 panel plot such as
>
> - Left most column with its own horizontal colorbar
> - Right most column with its own horizontal colorbar
> - columns 2 and 3 sharing a common horizontal labelbar
>
> But I am having some problem.
>
> Any suggestion is welcome.

This message was sent from my mobile device. Sorry for the brevity!

go.ncsu.edu/james-russell