[ncl-talk] rmMonAnnCycLLLT

Rashed Mahmood rashidcomsis at gmail.com
Tue May 15 10:43:11 MDT 2018

Hi Clotilde,
The simplest way would be to subset the array for the time you would like
to remove annual cycle, here is one of doing it:

Suppose:  data           = precip(lev,lat,lon,time)        ; say time= 30*12

                tmp_data   = data(lev,lat,lon,0:119)         ; time = 10*12
                tmp_data   =  rmMonAnnCycLLLT(tmp_data)
                data(lev,lat,lon,0:119) = tmp_data

Now the "data" variable would have annual cycle removed from first 10 years
of data. Note all this is hard coded just to make things look clear.
hope that helps.

Cheers,
Rashed