[ncl-talk] Unable to link to Fortran shared object created with WRAPIT

Michael Toy toy at ucar.edu
Mon May 14 10:23:34 MDT 2018

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your help.  I understand now to keep things “Fortran 77” in terms of what WRAPIT processes.  In this spirit, I changed my f90 program from a module to just a subroutine by eliminating the “module” statements, and just leaving “mult.f90” as:

subroutine mult(x,y,z)

implicit none

real, intent(in) :: x,y
real, intent(out) :: z

z = x*y

end subroutine mult

Using the same mult.stub file as before, a mult.so file is created and is readable by the NCL — external MLT “./mult.so” — command, and executes just fine.  Hopefully this will work for the actual Fortran code I’m hoping to execute from NCL, which is a WRF physics module (which I won’t call a module for the purposes of WRAPIT).

Thanks again.

Best regards,
Mike