[ncl-talk] color index exceeds size of palette

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Sat May 12 10:47:15 MDT 2018

(sorry -- hit send before completing the note :-/  )

Looking at the color palette you are using:

http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/ColorTables/BlueDarkRed18.shtml

We see the indices going from 2 to 19, which seems a bit confusing.
However, once adjusted by -2, the range of valid values would of course be
0 to 17, and thus that value of 18 in your cnFillColors setting
should/would elicit the error message being reported.

I hope that makes sense(?)

Rick