[ncl-talk] color index exceeds size of palette

Anne anne.seidenglanz at unive.it
Sat May 12 07:58:03 MDT 2018

Hi all,

I want to plot some anomaly; for these difference plots I have
used cnLevelSelectionMode = "ExplicitLevels" in order to specify both my
contour levels as well as specific colors after that. I have used the
pre-defined "BlueDarkRed18" color table; my specified cnFillColors are well
within the range of this colour table (3 to 18; see script attached),
nevertheless I receive the error message

"color index exceeds size of palette, defaulting to foreground color of
entry"

Why is this? Sorry if I have missed something from the documentation.
I have attached both the script and an example plot (last plot).

Any help is appreciated,
thanks
Anne

--
Nota automatica aggiunta dal sistema di posta.