[ncl-talk] Issue with Title, Annotations and logo

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri May 11 10:18:04 MDT 2018

Amit,

See my answers below.​

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 9:14 AM, Amit Kumar <amitkumar.777 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have to ask u all about three issues:
>
> 1. Can we use any variable to use today's date in the title so that it
> automatically changes as per system date. I can do it using shell/ bash
> using variable but how to use it in ncl I don't know.

​todays_date = systemfunc("date")
​todays_date = systemfunc("date '+DATE: %Y-%m-%d')

Type "man date" on the UNIX prompt to see other date formats you can use.
There are quite a few.

> 2. In the same way can we dynamically use today's date in Annotations.

​You can use gsn_add_text, gsn_text, or gsn_text_ndc to add or draw any
text string as an annotation to an existing plot. See our text examples
page for several ways to add text strings:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/text.shtml

You can also check out the "infoTimeStamp" procedure:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Shea_util/infoTimeStamp.shtml
​

> 3. Can we use any other logo instead of ncl or ncar.

​See example 4 on the Logos page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/logo.shtml
​
​--Mary​