[ncl-talk] Vector subscripting (Resending this email. Please respond)

Prashanth Bhalachandran prashanth.bhalachandran at gmail.com
Wed May 9 08:23:22 MDT 2018

Dear NCL’ers,
I have a 3 dimensional variable say M (time x level x radius). Now, I know the certain radius RMW at each level (RMW is a function of level) . For each time, I’d to average the variable within the radius RMW at each height. I want to avoid loops, so I need to use vector subscripting. How do I do this averaging?

If RMW was a fixed number like 30, then I’d have simply done a dim_avg_n_Wrap( M (:,:,1:30), 2).

Can someone help me out with this?

Thank you,
Prashanth