[ncl-talk] Transects

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Wed Jun 20 02:44:48 MDT 2018

Hi Soma,

the warning is telling you exactly what is wrong. Your latitude values
associated with your variable t is decreasing not increasing.

       level: [   1.. 60]
*      latitude: [40.. 0]*
     longitude: [65..100]

Reorder lat dimension of the variable t = t(:,::-1,:)

-Karin

Am 20.06.18 um 09:28 schrieb Soma Roy:
> Hello
>
> I am trying to plot transect of vertical velocity using ERA-interim
> pressure level data.
> For this I am using the attached script below.
>
> I am getting this warnings:
>
> warning:linint2_points: xi and yi must be monotonically increasing
> warning:linint2_points: xi and yi must be monotonically increasing
> warning:linint2_points: xi and yi must be monotonically increasing
> warning:linint2_points: xi and yi must be monotonically increasing
> warning:linint2_points: xi and yi must be monotonically increasing
>
> Variable: trans
> Type: float
> Total Size: 24000 bytes
>             6000 values
> Number of Dimensions: 2
> Dimensions and sizes:   [60] x [100]
> Coordinates:
> Number Of Attributes: 8
>   missing_value :       -32767
>   missing_value_original :      -32767
>   _FillValue_original : -32767
>   units :       Pa s**-1
>   long_name :   Vertical velocity
>   standard_name :  lagrangian_tendency_of_air_pressure
>   time :        969336
>   _FillValue :  -32767
> warning:ContourPlotInitialize: no valid values in scalar field;
> ContourPlot not possible:[errno=1101]
> warning:ContourPlotSetValues: cnLevelSpacingF value exceeds or equals
> data range: defaulting
>

> PrintVarSummary of the input data is below;
>
> Variable: t
> Type: float
> Total Size: 5448240 bytes
>             1362060 values
> Number of Dimensions: 3
> Dimensions and sizes:   [level | 60] x [latitude | 161] x [longitude |
> 141]
> Coordinates:
>             level: [   1..  60]
>             latitude: [40.. 0]
>             longitude: [65..100]
> Number Of Attributes: 8
>   time :        969336
>   standard_name :  lagrangian_tendency_of_air_pressure
>   long_name :   Vertical velocity
>   units :       Pa s**-1
>   _FillValue_original : -32767
>   _FillValue :  -32767
>   missing_value_original :      -32767
>   missing_value :       -32767
>
> Kindly inform me how to resolve it.
>
> Thanks,
> Soma

Dipl. Geophys. Karin Meier-Fleischer
Visualization, NCL, CDO
Application Support

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstrasse 45a - D20146 Hamburg - Germany

Phone:    +49 (0)40 460094 126
Fax:      +49 (0)40 460094 270
E-Mail:   meier-fleischer at dkrz.de

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784