[ncl-talk] Transects

Soma Roy somaroy892 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 01:28:18 MDT 2018

Hello

I am trying to plot transect of vertical velocity using ERA-interim
pressure level data.
For this I am using the attached script below.

I am getting this warnings:

warning:linint2_points: xi and yi must be monotonically increasing
warning:linint2_points: xi and yi must be monotonically increasing
warning:linint2_points: xi and yi must be monotonically increasing
warning:linint2_points: xi and yi must be monotonically increasing
warning:linint2_points: xi and yi must be monotonically increasing

Variable: trans
Type: float
Total Size: 24000 bytes
            6000 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes:   [60] x [100]
Coordinates:
Number Of Attributes: 8
  missing_value :       -32767
  missing_value_original :      -32767
  _FillValue_original : -32767
  units :       Pa s**-1
  long_name :   Vertical velocity
  standard_name :       lagrangian_tendency_of_air_pressure
  time :        969336
  _FillValue :  -32767
warning:ContourPlotInitialize: no valid values in scalar field; ContourPlot
not possible:[errno=1101]
warning:ContourPlotSetValues: cnLevelSpacingF value exceeds or equals data
range: defaulting

PrintVarSummary of the input data is below;

Variable: t
Type: float
Total Size: 5448240 bytes
            1362060 values
Number of Dimensions: 3
Dimensions and sizes:   [level | 60] x [latitude | 161] x [longitude | 141]
Coordinates:
            level: [   1..  60]
            latitude: [40.. 0]
            longitude: [65..100]
Number Of Attributes: 8
  time :        969336
  standard_name :       lagrangian_tendency_of_air_pressure
  long_name :   Vertical velocity
  units :       Pa s**-1
  _FillValue_original : -32767
  _FillValue :  -32767