[ncl-talk] gsnLeftString on gsn_csm_xy plot

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 04:17:59 MDT 2018

I may be wrong but this type of behaviour is expected when doing contour plots, i.e. using the gsn_contour_ routines.
Instead, when creating xy plot, the long_name attribute is used as title for the y axis (is that happening to you?). If you want to move that to the title you have to set every title of the plot manually, i.e. res at gsnMainString = var at long_name.

Hope this helps

> On 5. Jun 2018, at 10:57, WUJIE <393069045 at qq.com> wrote:
>
> Hi NCL experts,
>
> I plot 6 xy plots in a page using gsn_panel. I expect to add a "name" for each plot to illustrate what this variable is. My past experience tells me that  (long_name) will occur since it is a default set in gsnLeftString, and this is what I want to use. However, I found the gsnLeftString does not add the long name in each plot. Does anyone can help to solve this problem?
>
> The data I use in gsn_csm_xy plot have long_name. How can I show the long_name in xy plot?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jie

Guido Cioni
http://guidocioni.altervista <http://guidocioni.altervista/>.org