[ncl-talk] gsnLeftString on gsn_csm_xy plot

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 5 08:53:27 MDT 2018

Hi Jie,

For XY plots, the long_name is used as the Y axis title and not the left
string at the top. If you want the string to appear at the top and not on
the Y axis, then set this:

res at tiYAxisString   = ""
res at gsnLeftString   = var at long_name
res at gsnStringString = var at units      ; if desired

where "var" should be replaced by whatever your variable name is.

--Mary