[ncl-talk] label bar and coast in contour maps

Will Hobbs will.hobbs at utas.edu.au
Mon Jul 30 03:18:57 MDT 2018

Hi all

I’m currently running the latest version (6.5.0), and for some reason I’m not getting the expected map plot behaviour from the script below; in particular, I can’t get a label bar (even when I force res at lbLabelBarOn = True), and I can’t get continental outlines (plot attached).

Can anyone see an issue in the script resources?

Many thanks

Will

begin

  yrst  = 1970
  yren  = 2005

  model = "ACCESS1-0"
  vNam  = "tas"

  diri  = "/Volumes/LaCie/CMIP5/"+model+"/"
  fili  = vNam+"_Amon_"+model+"_historical_r1i1p1_185001-200512.nc"

  oType = "ps"
  diro  = ""
  filo  = "tst"

;*******************
;read data
;*******************

  fi = addfile(diri+fili, "r")

  tdum = cd_calendar(fi->time, -1)
  st   = ind(tdum.eq.(yrst*100+1))
  en   = ind(tdum.eq.(yren*100+12))

  dat  = fi->$vNam$(st:en,:,:)

  out  = dim_avg_n_Wrap(dat,0)

  delete(tdum)

;*******************
;plot
;*******************

  wks = gsn_open_wks(oType, diro+filo)

  res               = True
  res at gsnMaximize   = True

  res at cnFillOn      = "True"
  res at cnLinesOn     = False
  res at cnFillPalette  = "BlueDarkRed18"
  res at cnInfoLabelOn  = False
  res at cnLineLabelsOn = False

  res at lbLabelBarOn   = True ;force label bar on

  plot = gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks, out, res)

end