[ncl-talk] mjoclivar_5.ncl

Sujata Mandke amin at tropmet.res.in
Mon Jul 23 06:30:59 MDT 2018

Dear NCL community,
Greetings!

 I am using NCL script  ”mjoclivar_5.ncl” from “MJO clivar”
 application examples on NCL website.

I am trying to make time-longitude (Hovmueller)  plot for the
period 10 June 2018 to 25 June 2018.

My input daily OLR data file contains data from
1-1-2002 to 14-7-2018.
I have question on time setting (for buffer) in this NCL script

(i) In the sample script -”mjoclivar_5.ncl” enough buffer
      (1 year buffer) is included by setting
    twStrt  = 19950101 and twLast  = 19981231
     and Hovmueller start and end time are set as follows
      thStrt  = 19960101        ; Hov start time
     thLast  = 19971231        ; Hov last  time

(ii)Last day in the daily OLR data file (which i am using)
    is 14-7-2018. In order to set enough buffer what should
be set for  “twLast”?
As ip data ends on 14-7-2018, buffer time of
1 year in case of  “twLast” is not possible.

I am using NCL version 6.4.0 on linux machine.
Please help in this regard.
Any suggestion would be of great help.
 Many thanks in advance.
With best regards