[ncl-talk] mjoclivar_5.ncl

Sujata Mandke amin at tropmet.res.in
Thu Jul 19 04:34:10 MDT 2018

Dear NCL community,
Greetings!

 I am using NCL script  ”mjoclivar_5.ncl” from “MJO clivar”
application examples on NCL website.
I wish to make time-longitude plot from time 1 June 2018 to 25 June 2018.

I have few questions on different settings in this NCL script.

(i) There was an error due to missing values as follows
(0)	band_pass_hovmueller: currently, missing data not allowed: nMsg=1986

(To solve this problem i have added following and the error disappeared)
X = where(ismissing(X), 0.0, X)

(ii)It is given in sample script that we need to keep
enough buffer. So what time should be set for
“twStrt” and “twLast”.  However my input data
 file contains data from 1-1-2002 to 14-7-2018.
so i have no option but to keep twLast=20180714.

(iii) I wish to filter in 30-60day band so i had set
  bpf     = (/30,60,201/)
(this was giving error -  “fatal:wgt_runave_n:
The length of wgt must be less than or equal to the 0-th dimension of x”)
So i have changed as follows
  bpf     = (/30,60,101/)

(iv)Then script run with following error but figure is not created
fatal:Subscript out of range, error in subscript #0
fatal:An error occurred reading tValL

I am using NCL version 6.4.0 on linux machine.
Please help in this regard.
Any suggestion would be of great help.
 Many thanks in advance.
With best regards
Dr. Sujata Mandke
Scientist, Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology
PUNE,INDIA