[ncl-talk] multiple colorbars on panel plot

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 27 11:58:47 MDT 2018

Hi Laura,
Yes, you should call gsn_panel twice, drawing the first 4 plots in the
first call and the last two plots in the second call. Something like this:

; create plots 1-4

panres = True
panres at gsnFrame = False
panres at gsnPanelTop = .95
panres at gsnPanelBottom = .35
gsn_panel(wks,plot(:3),(/2,2/),panres)

; switch colormap and create plots 5-6

panres at gsnPanelTop = .35
panres at gsnPanelBottom = .05
gsn_panel(wks,plot(4:),(/1,2/),panres)
frame(wks)

The gsnPanelTop/gsnPanelBottom settings for each gsn_panel call might have
to be adjusted.
Hope that helps, if you have further questions let ncl-talk know.
Adam

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 11:49 AM Laura Fowler <laura at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am attaching a plot that shows 6 different plots in one panel plot. The
> two bottom plots e) and f) are differences of the two plots above them. The
> plots a) b), c), and d) use my user define colorbar.
>
> Is there a way to use the colorbar precip_diff_12lev instead of my own
> colorbar for the bottom 2 plots so that I can have white in the middle
> since it is a different plot while using my own colorbar for the top 4
> plots? When I redefine gsn_colormap before plotting the last 2 plots, then
> all 6 plots use colorbar precip_diff_12lev? I put my ncl script in
> /gpfs/fs1/scratch/laura/panel.dqvcup.ncl in case one wants to take a pick?
>

> Thanks,
> Laura
>

> --

> Laura D. Fowler
>
> Mesoscale and Microscale Meteorology Division (MMM)
> P.O. Box 3000, Boulder CO 80307-3000
>
> e-mail: laura at ucar.edu
> phone: 303-497-1628

Adam Phillips