[ncl-talk] create netcdf file containing daily climatology

Sujata Mandke amin at tropmet.res.in
Tue Feb 21 02:45:29 MST 2017

Dear NCL community,
Greetings!

   I am using NCL script  ”mjo_clivar_2.ncl” from application examples
on NCL website. In this example script,  netcdf file containing
anomalies is created. Instead of anomalies, i wish to create netcdf file
containing climatology. I had modified the script accordingly.
The error message is as follows:
----------
FileAddVar, in file: NclFile.c, line: 454
fatal:FileAddVar: Dimension (year_day) is not currently defined, can't add variable
fatal:["Execute.c":8128]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 125 in file mjo_clivar_2.dlclm.ncl
--------------
I understand that the error is resulting because leftmost dimension
of daily climatology is “year_day” (=366).  While, the leftmost dimension
of anomaly is time (which is same as in input file).
However, I do not know how to modify the script. I have searched the
“NCL-talk archives” extensively, but found none for this error.
I am attaching my script with this mail.
As the error is not caused by the data, the script can be
tested with any data. So, i am not attaching the data file.

I am using NCL version 6.1.2 on linux machine.

Please help in this regard.
Any suggestion would be of great help.
Many thanks.
With regards
Sujata Mandke

--
Dr. Sujata Mandke
scientist,Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology